The Deal Makers’ Handbook
The Deal Makers’ Handbook offers you all the tools, techniques and tips you need to be a top negotiator.
The Deal Makers’ Handbook covers:
- The seven steps to agreement and what you need to do in each step to win the best possible deal
- How to plan a winning strategy
- How to uncover the other side’s real needs
- How to trade concessions
- How to counter negative tactics
- How to turn win-lose into win-win
- How to negotiate with sharks without getting eaten alive.
Practical field guide
The Deal Makers’ Handbook is designed to be scanned and digested in under 60 minutes.
Striking graphics let you see at a glance where you are and where you are headed.
The unique two-color visual format helps you focus on exactly what you need to know.
The seven step negotiation process
- Step One: Ready Yourself
- Use BATNA to create Leverage
- Identify and Clarify Interests
- List, Rank and Value the Issues
- Plan your agenda
- Determine the Limit of Your Authority
- Plan a Winning Team
- Devise a Time Plan
- Analyze the Other Party
- Plan your strategy
- Choose your Tactics
- Plan for Success.
- Step Two: Explore Needs
- Establish Your Credibility
- Communicate Your Position
- Create a Positive Non-Verbal Climate
- The Power of Questions
- Listen Actively
- Use Assertive Language
- Use Silence for Advantage
- Translate the Meta-talk.
- Step Three: Signal For Movement
- Signal for movement.
- Step Four: Probe With Proposals
- Probe with proposals
- Marshall Your Facts
- Package Your Proposals.
- Step Five: Exchange Concessions
- Trade for Advantage I
- Trade for Advantage II
- Trade for Advantage III
- Build Momentum.
- Step Six: Close The Deal
- Manage the Tension
- The Five-Step Close
- Proven Closes That Work.
- Step Seven: Tie Up The Loose Ends
- Verifying what has been agreed to.
Popularity: 17% [?]